Poster Presentation Guidelines,
BCPC Congress 19/20 November 2019
- Posters must be relevant to the Theme of the Congress: delivering increases in food production simultaneously with environmental enhancement.
- Exhibits can be on research, development projects, new products, or new presentations or uses of existing products. These can be physical or information products. Offerings focusing on implementation of IPM and precision agriculture, and offerings from postgraduate students, (see Congress Student registration concessions), will be particularly welcome
- Poster presenters will not be able to attend the Congress programme unless they are registered for the Congress. Full Congress Registration is on offer to Students for £99.00 + VAT. If you wish to present a poster but not attend the Congress you will need to register for a Poster Presentation Pass at £39.00 + VAT.
GUIDANCE ON POSTER PRESENTATION
- Poster orientation should be portrait, not landscape. Poster size should be A0 (841 mm x 1189 mm).
- Minimum font size for all text: 18 pt.
- Use simple backgrounds. Aim for clarity and simplicity.
- The poster will be available for viewing and discussion for several hours. The poster should be understandable without oral explanation.
- You will need to make your own arrangements to print your poster; neither the organisers nor the conference venue have facilities to print your poster.
- Posters can be fixed to boards using adhesive double sided tape. Please do not use pins, velcro or blu-tack. Double sided tape will be provided in the exhibition area
- You are responsible for setup and take-down of your poster as follows
Tuesday 19 November:
07:30 – 08:30 Poster setup
11:00 – 11:30 Morning coffee break: attend poster
13:20 – 14:15 Lunch & poster session: attend poster
15:15 – 15:45 Afternoon coffee break: attend poster
18:30 – 19:30 Congress reception and awards: attend poster
Posters can be taken down at 19.30 or for those not wishing to present/ on Wednesday 20 November
Wednesday 20 November:
10:30 – 10:50 Morning coffee break: attend poster
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch & poster session: attend poster
15:00 – 15:15 Poster take-down
All posters will be located in the poster and sponsor area.
- Your poster must remain displayed for the entire day.
- Provide an envelope where people can leave their business cards for requests for more information. If possible, also provide hand-outs of your poster and your own business card.
- Attend your poster during the breaks and during the poster session / socials to discuss your work with delegates visiting your poster.
- If possible, leave a note listing other times you will be at your poster.
- At the end of the event, please take down your poster.
The text of your proposed poster (with images if you wish) should be submitted by email, to Dr Colin Ruscoe email@example.com
The deadline for receipt of submission is Friday 11 October 2019; authors of those Posters selected will be informed as soon as possible after that date
Posters will be judged on Tuesday 19 November 2019 and prize awarded at the drinks reception on Tuesday evening from 18:30 – 19:30
BCPC Congress 2019 Programme