Using Pesticides + Field Scale Spraying + Free Safety Equipment handbook
Using Pesticides, produced by BCPC for farmers, growers and those operating in the horticultural, forestry and amenity sectors, provides all the information operators need to apply pesticides safely, accurately and within the law.
Using Pesticides includes key facts from The Codes of Practice for Using Plant Protection Products with cross reference to the Codes of Practice for easy access to specific details.
The handbook also incorporates guidelines on complying with the latest Agricultural Waste Regulations.
Other sections include:
- How to minimise pesticide use including integrated crop management and resistance management
- Training and certification requirements
- What a COSSH assessment means for pesticide users
- Environmental risk assessment including LERAPs
- Storing and transporting pesticides
- Product choice and handling and understanding the label
- Choosing equipment and nozzle advice
- Sprayer maintenance and decontamination
- Record keeping and what to do in an emergency
FIELD SCALE SPRAYING
Revised and Updated September 2016
The industry’s best selling training manual for field-scale spraying. Packed with practical tips and best practice advice including a handy protective equipment summary and nozzle selection chart, this book has been extensively revised and updated in September 2016. It details the decisions, equipment and background needs to all field-scale spraying operations.
Practical guidance is provided on the efficient and safe use of trailed and mounted boom sprayers along with air assisted orchard and tunnel sprayers. Sections explain the types and structure of sprayers available, pumps and control systems, filters and filtration, nozzles, atomisers and fans.
Spray quality, nozzle codes and calibration are explained fully with worked examples to guide operators through the process. General advice on good spraying practice, sprayer decontamination and maintenance as well as disposal is also provided.
What safety equipment is needed when applying pesticides? How do you select the best items for the job in hand? What standards and specifications are relevant? How do you work out what to do in new or special situations? Where can you get technical help?
Whether you are a farmer, sprayer operator, contractor, horticulturalist, landscaper, greenkeeper, groundsman, PCO, or someone involved in amenity weed control, all this is information that you need at your fingertips.
The Safety Equipment Handbook provides answers to these and many other important questions.
This comprehensive guide includes:
- Personal protective equipment covering protection for body, hands, face, eyes and ears
- Respiratory protective equipment
- Technical and engineering controls
- Mixing and filling advice
- Operational controls
- Safety measures such as emergency contingency planning
- Useful background on the regulations and standards for safety equipment and protective clothing
All in all it is essential reading for anyone who uses pesticides professionally.
You may also like…
Using Pesticides, Small Scale Spraying & Safety Equipment handbookBuy the newly revised Using Pesticides plus either the Field Scale Spraying or Small Scale Spraying handbook and get the Safety Eq ...£20.00 Add to basket
UK Pesticide Guide OnlineAuthoritative and regularly updated information on pesticides and adjuvants ...£70.00 for 1 year Subscribe