Spreading Fertilisers and Applying Slug Pellets
This publication provides the answers to a number of important questions:
- Fertiliser prices are soaring – are you spreading them effectively?
- Spreading equipment is getting more sophisticated – are you benefiting from the latest technology?
- Slug pellets are pesticides – are you properly qualified to use them?
- Cross Compliance demands accurate fertiliser and slug pellet application – are you protecting your Single Farm Payment?
- NVZs and the Water Framework Directive have strict environmental requirements – are you confident of meeting these?
- The Code of Good Agricultural Practice to Protect Soil, Water and Air Quality is imminent – will you be up to scratch?
Written with operators in mind, this handbook summarises how spreaders and slug pellet applicators work and provides expert guidance on calibration, spreading mechanisms and control systems. It also outlines storage, environmental and safety issues, including COSHH and PPE, as well as field routines, clean-up and safe disposal.
Soft cover pp.64
ISBN 978 1 901396 15 7
Discounts for 10+ copies – Please contact BCPC Publications Sales Tel: +44 (0) 1420 593 200 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for your quotation
You may also like…
Using PesticidesAt last, all you need to know about spraying within the law in a quick and easy-to-understand format. Using Pesticides, produced b ...£10.00 Add to basket
Field Scale Spraying (Updated Sept 2016)The industry’s best selling training manual for field-scale spraying. Packed with practical tips and best practice advice in ...£12.00 Add to basket
Small Scale SprayingThe industry’s best selling training manual for small-scale spraying Packed with practical tips and best practice advice inc ...£10.00 Add to basket
Safety Equipment Handbook – A Practical Guide to Safety RequirementsWhat safety equipment is needed when applying pesticides? How do you select the best items for the job in hand? What standards and ...£10.00 Add to basket